Forgetting the password of a laptop can put you in a dilemma. Resetting the laptop without knowing its password seems almost impossible. But, various methods can easily reset your Acer laptop without even knowing its password.
Resetting the laptop will remove all previous data, including the account information. The account information includes the password, which will be erased, and the laptop will be unlocked.
Read more to learn different ways and methods on how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without a password. Any of the techniques might work for you from the discussed methods. It is recommended that you start with the first and then continue with the others if the issue persists.
How To Reset Acer Laptop To Factory Settings Without Password With ALT + F10 (Without Any Disks)?
This is the simplest method to reset an Acer laptop without a password. This method applies only to Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 devices. You will be required to restart your laptop for this method to work. Read the step-by-step guide below to reset your Acer laptop with this method easily.
- Switch off your laptop by either shutting it down or long-pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
- Once the laptop is turned off completely, press the power button to switch it on.
- The moment the Acer logo shows up on the screen, press the ALT + F10 keys simultaneously until the screen changes.
- Click on the “Choose an Option” button.
- Now, select “Troubleshoot”.
- Click on the option “Reset this PC”. This will completely factory reset your PC, erasing all the data on your computer. If you wish to keep specific files from getting deleted, click on the “Reset your PC” option and keep the relevant files.
- Now click on “Remove Everything”.
- Once the process is completed, click on “Resume” to start the data recovery process.
- Reset will take a few minutes or even hours, depending on the size of data your laptop contains. Once the reset is complete, the sign-up screen will show before you. All you need to do is log in without any password.
How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password With Setup/Repair Disk Option?
If resetting the laptop with ALT + F10 does not work, there is another popular option available. To know how to reset Acer laptop to factory settings without a password using the setup/repair disk option, follow the below steps.
- Firstly, you must connect the setup/repair disk to your Acer laptop.
- Using the setup/repair disk, boot your laptop. A setup display screen will be shown.
- Click on “Next” and then click on the “Repair this PC” option displayed on the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on “Troubleshooting”.
- Now, click on the “Reset this PC” option. This procedure works as described for Windows 10. However, for Windows 8 and 8.1, a few minor changes will be there. Follow the on-screen instructions accurately.
- After you continue with the reset, you will be given two options. Firstly, you may select “Keep My Files” to keep some of your specified files and folders. Secondly, you may select “Remove Everything”, which will reset your PC completely. It is recommended to choose the second option if you wish to reset your password. Selecting the first option will not remove your account settings, and your password will not be erased.
- You are required to select your system and choose the drive you wish to reset. You may choose “Only Drive With Windows Installed” or “All Drivers”.
- 2 more options will be displayed. Firstly, you may select the option “Just Delete My Files”. Secondly, you may select the option “Clean Full Drive”.
- Select the option appropriately and finally click on the “Reset” button. It will take a few minutes for the reset to complete. Once the reset is complete, you can access your laptop without a password.
How To Reset Acer Laptop Without Password Using A Free Crack Tool?
This method will require you to have another PC or laptop to download the crack tool. This method might not work properly if you operate a Windows 10 device. This tool works best on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, and 8.1. Follow the below steps to know how to reset the Acer laptop to factory settings without a password.
- Download the latest Ophcrack Live CD ISO file from the internet.
- Copy the crack on a USB device.
- Plug in the USB containing the crack into the locked Acer laptop. After then, reboot the PC.
- Once the reboot is in process, a screen will display the menu options of the crack tool. You are not required to click on anything as the complete process will be completed automatically.
- This process might take some minutes, depending on the speed of your PC and the number of files it contains.
- Later on, the hard drive information will be displayed on your laptop screen. Then, information about all the laptop users will be displayed with their passwords and other details.
- Find your user account on the displayed list and track your password beside the NT PWD column. You may typically log in to your laptop if you find your password. If you cannot locate your account’s password, then follow the below steps.
- Enter “8” after typing in your password. Press the power button and restart the laptop.
- You can now log in with your recovered password.
Read More: How to Fix a Lenovo Laptop that Won’t Turn On?
Which Method Is The Best?
All methods work fine if you wish to reset your laptop without a password. It is recommended to try out the steps in the listed sequence. The quickest and easiest method is resetting the laptop with ALT + F10 keys. If the problem persists, you may choose to reset the PC with the repair tool. Using the Ophcrack tool should be your last resort as it does not guarantee reset for all Acer laptops.
We hope this article has explained how to reset Acer laptop without password. We recommend that you let an expert examine your device if the issue persists. However, any one of these methods should work fine for your laptop.
Comment down below your views and opinions regarding this post. And do share it with your friends and family members.
Is there a reset option on Acer laptops and PCs?
Yes, there are multiple reset options on Acer without a password. ALT + F10 are the reset keys for Acer that will direct you to the reset PC process.
How to reset Acer laptop without a password?
There are several ways to reset your Acer laptop if you do not know the password:
- You may reset it through ALT + F10 keys.
- You may reset it through the disk repair option.
- Through a free crack tool.
How to reset the Acer laptop to factory settings without a password?
All of the above-discussed methods may be used to factory reset an Acer laptop without a password. Erasing all files is essential because only then it will be ensured that your password has been erased.
Is resetting an Acer laptop easy?
Following the above steps will result in an easy reset of your laptop. If the methods do not work, it is recommended that you show your laptop to a technician.